Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Gas prices and politics


The price of gasoline is a barometer of the economy.  At any given time, we can check the price at the pump and then compare it to a later date.  This gives a snapshot of the health of the economy.

It also makes it easy to blame the political party that the president happens to belong to.

I filled up my motorcycle today (1.9 gallons) and it cost me nearly seven bucks.  I was thinking about how it wasn't all that long ago that I routinely filled my car tank for seven bucks.  And now I know who is to blame.  I know which political party has controlled the presidency, the House of Representatives, and the Senate since that time.

It's those blasted Democrat-Republicans.  The DR party has been in power in the U.S. since decades before the Russian Revolution, and have won every election up to the present - twenty years after the collapse of the USSR.  The DR party has bankrupted the country, especially since their 1913 coup that created a central bank, and the bursting of the 2008 housing bubble.  Priced in gold or silver, gas prices have actually remained pretty stable.  It's the dollar that has actually become virtually worthless under the Democrat-Republicans.

I'm guessing they will be re-elected this year.

I don't think we can vote them out any more than the Russians could vote out the Commies.  Maybe when gasoline is a few trillion bucks a gallon (like in Zimbabwe) even the Democrat-Republicans will have a tough time filling the tanks of their limos and government jets and won't be able to indolently and maliciously control our lives from their marbled halls.

We just have to think positive.  We have got to keep voting them in.  And paper money is the way to go!

Helicopter Ben says we're good to go!  Woo hoo!

No comments: