Sunday, August 04, 2013

Moleskine vs. Leuchtturm


Moleskine quality is in a tailspin - which is a shame because I was very pleased with my first couple Moleys. This is a strong consensus among users - and I have to concur.  I got a free replacement for my last one that fell apart, and this one is only slightly better.

The local Scriptura store was out of the highly recommended French Rhodia pocket sized notebooks, but I was told they are all hardcover (I prefer the softcover). I was also intrigued by the Guildhall notebooks, but they do not seem to be available.  However, I ran across some very good reviews recently of Leuchtturm 1917 notebooks - so I've ordered a couple (good price, and readily available online).

Then I ran across this video review comparing the two notebooks by British author Joe Craig. So, we shall see!

Here is an interesting blog dedicated to all things notebook.

1 comment:

NBeethe said...

Have you tried Field Notes? They're 3.5 x 5.5" notebooks (they also have steno pads), and they're great! They're American-made and just awesome! I've used them for over a year and I love them. Here's their site, where you can buy them or find a store in your area. http://fieldnotesbrand.com

(Sorry for sounding like a spam advertisement, but I really do love them and thought you might too).

Nathan