Friday, August 25, 2006

Gottesblog: A Priestly Blessing

Blogs are funny things. You can read an article on someone else's blog, leave a comment, and that person can then turn your comment into an article, which you can then, in turn, blog on your blog, which then in turn, can be commented upon.

Whew!

Anyway, here's a link to a comment I had left on the Rev. Dr. Fritz Eckardt's Gottesblog

And, by the way, Dr. Eckhardt is the editor in chief of one of the finest Lutheran journals in publication. If you enjoy this blog and those like it, you really need to support Gottesdienst with a subscription. It is always top-notch, and never disappoints.

I should make one qualification to that last sentence. Gottesdienst does cause me disapointment every time I receive "official" LCMS publications. I am disappointed that they are nowhere near as scholarly, insightful, witty, churchly, and relevant as Gottesdienst. The only criticism I can offer is that Gottesdienst is only a quarterly publication.

Please keep up the good work, Fr. Eckardt, and everybody, get yourself a subscription! Now, having made a "clear presentation of the Gospel" and having logged a "critical event," I'll have to go to the Ablaze!(tm) webpage and give myself a pat on the back.

1 comment:

Whey Lay said...

I read your post. Pastors who wear clerical garb outside of the sanctuary are then blessings and beacons to all, for the exact reasons you described. The pastors mere presence becomes a witness of Christ. I wonder why some pastors are so unwilling to "look the part" of thier vocation, instead desiring to "blend".
Thank You Rev. Beane for embracing your office fully, may you continue to be a blessing to all those around you.