Friday, July 26, 2013

Catching up...

Dear FH readers:

Blogs are not what they once were, and I allowed FH to pretty much lapse.

My recent trip to Fort Wayne was really overwhelming as to how many of my friends and colleagues (old and new) are FH readers.  I have been limiting my writing (for the most part) to Gottesdienst Online and to my facebook timeline (the latter of which is locked down considerably for the sake of my family's security).

I am working on getting caught up with my sermons, and am posting them in reverse order.  I also have some articles floating around in my head that I have been planning on writing, but have not done so.  My only impediment is time.  To me, writing is a form of relaxation - which takes time - something that nearly every parish pastor is short of.  Nevertheless, writing is both relaxation to me (which is important and can be grabbed  a few minutes at a time), and is good mental exercise.

So I'm going to try to post more often.  All of my FH posts do automatically post to my fb page - except older sermons which I post here by the date that I preached them.  Facebook has a time limit.

I have a lot of wonderful pictures from my trip back to the Fort, and it was a pleasure and an honor to spend valuable time learning from, and with, many of you - especially my colleagues at Wittenberg Academy and many of my former professors at Concordia Theological Seminary.

Peace in Christ!

2 comments:

Pastor Thomas E Schroeder said...

Glad to see you are blogging again! I've always enjoyed reading your thoughtful posts. Even though it probably often feels like you are writing to nothing but space, I hope that you are able to keep up with your blog entries. I'll keep reading them, and perhaps I can offer some occasional comments to help you feel that posting is worth your time.

Blessings to you and your family.

Pax,
Tom

Rev. Larry Beane said...

Thank you, Tom, for your too-kind words. I do enjoy it, and just getting caught up on a few back sermons and resolving to write more has given me a jolt of energy!

I think more people know me as "Leo's dad" or "Father Hollywood" than by my real name. :-)

Pax quoque tecum!