Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fr. Hollywood on Lew Rockwell



Insects and Bureaucrats


In celebration of our son's 4th birthday, my wife and I brought him on a long-promised trip to the New Orleans Insectarium. It's the least we could do for our lad, given his penchant for insects and arachnids (he recently taught me the word: "cephalothorax").

But of course, if it were that simple, it wouldn't be a story worth telling. And like any story, there are villains and heroes.

Click here to continue...

5 comments:

OSC said...

This is simply too much! My family will certainly sleep securely tonight.

Daniel Dewey said...

"I am utterly convinced that irony is God's sense of humor."

Me too! Loved the insect irony.

Glad I read the "benediction" on your blog too, but I'm more creme colored to worry that much.

Thanks

Rev. Larry Beane said...

Dear OSC:

I'm wondering about wooden toothpicks that don't trip the metal detector. Those things are dangerous! A toothpick-wielding militia could spell the end of our way of life. And, to top it off, the toothpick industry is utterly unregulated. Scary.

Rev. Larry Beane said...

Dear Daniel:

Thank you for writing!

Rev. Larry Beane said...

Dear SB:

Ha! Funny stuff. Some things never change...